Saturday 27 August 2011

The Book Of Exodus: Chapter 3; Samir Nasri

In the last chapter I told of how I expected Samir Nasri to be the next player to leave the Emirates, and this week I was proved right. The strange thing is, I don't find myself too upset about it anymore.

Without a doubt, the Frenchman had been on mercurial form over the last couple of seasons, even if he did go off the boil after Christmas last year. However, his total lack of grace and the way he carried himself in trying to force through his move to another club, any other club, was all wrong in my book.

Unlike his former captain Cesc Fabregas, Nasri was extremely vocal in expressing his desire to leave. First he wanted to go to Manchester United, then Manchester City, then to either Barca, Real Madrid or Manchester United again but if none of them come through for him then Citeh will do. As it was, it was the blue half of Manchester who were able to gain his signature and all for the paltry fee of an estimated £24 million pounds and £175,000 a week. So it wasn't about the money then Nas?

He wasn't even above slagging off our fans, first moaning about songs being sung about him, proclaiming he was still an Arsenal player. The point is Samir, you didn't want to be. He then went on to say that he felt the fans didn't have enough passion, unlike the backward facing dancing fans of City. A point he then went to deny, even though it is on tape. Strange.

Any way, I guess I should wish him all the best blah, blah blah, but I don't really want to. See you in December Samir.




No comments:

Post a Comment